Friday, October 1, 2010

Nesting?





Ok, so I admit this post MIGHT explain my soreness... but I won't go there.  For anyone that has been to our home, you see that I have officially rearranged the living room!  I'm not sure if it's nesting or boredom, but I love the results.  I spent my free time this week working on the living room, rearranging it all, cleaning every nook and cranny, and moving out some of Gavin's clutter toys.  It finally looks like a living room again instead of a play room.

I also made a BIG purchase this week.  About 2-3 months ago Gavin hit our tv with a play baseball bat (like I said, our living room had transformed into a play room somehow).  This lead to a quick decline of our previous 40" LCD tv.  It began making loud noises and had funny spots all over it.  Needless to say, it died.  We moved our tv from when I was in college in the living room to make due over the last two months.  I knew this was a temporary solution, as a small box tv from college wasn't going to work for Jason once he returned!  I took the time to gather coupons and check prices out and finally found a deal I couldn't resist.  We are now the proud owners of a 52" LCD tv.  Yeah, 12" bigger then we had previously and about 32" bigger then the temporary college tv solution!  It was originally $1499.00 at Aafes and was marked down on a weekly special to $1299.00  They allowed me to use two coupons together that I had (probably against the rules) but that brought the tv down to $989.00 - yep - you read that right, I saved $510 on a 52" tv!  And of course since it was from Aafes, there was no tax.  I can't even believe it.  I'd say Jason will be excited to watch football on this one!

Now hopefully I can get the motivation to "nest" in all the other rooms of our home.  We are in need of some de-cluttering.  Hard to believe we'll be welcoming a new family member in less then 4 months.  Our clutter has got to go!

5 comments:

Melissa McGee said...

I like the way you have it set up now! Looks great! Jason is going to love the new TV!!

The Gearharts said...

Kara it looks beautiful!!! Can you come to my house? :)

Gammy and Pop said...

It's lookin' good! Jas will love that huge TV!!
Love, Gammy

Briita said...

I love your rug! It is really pretty. Congratulations on your new TV, and what a great deal!

I Have Been Blessed said...

I love your new arrangement...really opens the room up. Great job decorating!!