Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jan 30: Our Sunday

Sunday my family came back around 9:30am and stayed until lunch, when they had to get back on the road to go home.  The weather was great, so a lot more outside play happened.  Gavin loved having family here to play outside with him.  They passed the baseball back and forth, played soccer, and decorated the back patio with chalk.  Everyone took turns holding Stella before they got back on the road.  We were sad their visit had to be so short, but we know how it goes!  We're just glad they got to come down and meet Stella while she's still "newborn"!  

We relaxed the rest of the afternoon and later got to visit with Erica, Tyson, and Madison.  They were too sweet and brought us over dinner and some cute hair bows for Stella.  Gavin enjoyed having Tyson to play trains with!  I feel like it was just last week that Madison was born and I was going to visit them. Now Madison is about 9 months old!!  Boy how time flies.  I'm trying to hard to soak up all these little things with Stella being a newborn.  With Gavin I was always excited about the "next stage", but now that I have Stella I don't want her to grow up!  She needs to just stay tiny forever.

After dinner, Stella and I crashed on the couch!  

Stella is now one week old and has already changed so much.  She looked identical to Gavin at birth, but I think now she's taking on a look of her own.  She's a fantastic eater (every 2 - 3 hours during the day and every 3 1/2 - 4 hours at night).  She never really fusses unless its diaper changing time.  She doesn't like to be dirty!  She's the best little cuddler and is such a trooper when big brother decides to be rough!

Here are pictures of our day:

DSC_0293
Neena and Papaw with their "Smith" grandkids

DSC_0295
Sweet Stella, 1 week old

DSC_0296
Sleeping peacefully

DSC_0299
Kaylee brought her an "I love my aunt" shirt and wanted a picture of her in it before she left!

DSC_0301
Aunt Kaylee and Stella

DSC_0307
With Uncle Michael

DSC_0309
Neena playing baseball with Gavin!

DSC_0312

DSC_0315
Time for soccer

DSC_0317

DSC_0319
Reagan says Stella likes fire engines and the color red.

DSC_1150
Lindsey gave Stella her first massage!

DSC_1154
Dinner from the Davis Family - YUMM!

DSC_1158
Stella's first hairbows!

DSC_1163

No comments: