
We officially did it - we left our son with a sitter and had an "adults only" evening in downtown Savannah. It was a much needed and well deserved night out on the town. Our sitter came just before 6pm and I felt like I overloaded her with information, but she was great! Gavin didn't cry when we left, and instead sat with Sarah (our sitter) and played puzzles. We headed out surprisingly not stressed and we even had some adult conversation NOT about Gavin. I was proud of us! We parked and first went to 'The Bar Bar' (
Weird name for a bar?) and had a drink. We were about the only people in there so it was quiet and we could just enjoy one
anothers company. Next we walked downtown a bit reading a few different restaurants menus before we made our final decision. We agreed on "
The Sapphire Grill" - it's probably the best
restaurant we've ever been to. It was the perfect romantic setting and we had a
phenomenal waiter. We both started with
Caesar salads and the bread. TO DIE FOR! As the main course Jason had the tuna with some sort of black rice. He was positive it was the best tuna he'd ever had. I even tasted it and liked it! I had the
fillet Mignon and the potatoes as a side. When you order steak there they bring out this dish of sauces to try with each bite. My favorites were the sweet soy and the avocado butter! We had no room for dessert :( Next we wanted to try out the newest place downtown. "
The Bohemian Hotel" just opened with a rooftop bar. It was so classy! The views were breathtaking! We met our dear friends there and made great memories. After walking river street we took a cab home. We were thrilled that the dogs accidently barked and woke Gavin up so we could kiss him goodnight ourselves and rock him back to sleep! Good times!
5 comments:
Such great memories! Can't wait to do it again :)
very sweet!! We will be using those sitters!!
Good for you!!!
I'm so glad you and Jason were able to go out just the two of you before the deployment!
I'm still not ready to leave Benjamin with a sitter other than a family member! Good for you!
Oh, I understand this! We don't trust just anyone w/ our kids (KyKy's allergies & such), and the whole time we were in BG we didn't have relatives or close friends to babysit, so we just didn't date. Tonight we celebrated our anniversary and had a real date, courtesy of trusted babysitting-worthy friends here in C'ville (stemming back almost a decade)! Real dates are NICE, just like old times! So glad you and Jason had that special time!
Post a Comment