
Tonight I made a favorite recipe: Apple Pecan Pork Chops (which sounds funny because I went the first 21 years of my life swearing that I didn't like pork)!!! I had Melissa over for dinner as well and then we had a huge arts and crafts session with the kiddos! Tonight was supposed to be terrible storms/
tornado's (they even closed schools/childcare here) so we thought crafts by candlelight sounded fun! We lit a few candles as the storm began, but then it just tapered off and never seemed to even get bad! No power outages either!

Gavin painted a few
popsicle sticks red and green so we could make a Christmas Star for the tree!

One of them stuck to his face and he didn't even notice, it was hilarious!

After a quick bath and dinner, Gavin worked on his next project - coloring a train! We're still deciding who the lucky person is that will get this in their Christmas card this year!

Mackenzie hard at work on her star. You can see my orange ball on the plate drying. Mary gave me the idea of making Gavin "ball" ornaments that can't break, so I'm in the process of working on a basketball!

Two new ornaments.. I worked hard on that reindeer while Gavin painted his star!

The bottom of our tree after the makeover! After 3 broken glass ornaments already this week, I knew an overhaul was needed! Gavin loves his tree with all his new special ornaments.
To any visitors at my house, please remember our tree was made with love! ;) Gavin worked so hard and kept standing at the tree clapping as he pointed to each thing we made tonight and said "yay!"
4 comments:
Your tree is the best now!!! Total love in that tree!! I have a feeling we will have some of teh same looking things on ours if I ever get it up!!
I just love the ornaments ya'll made! And the memories you are making with Gavin ! You are such a great mom Kara!
That is Gammy's favorite tree!! Absolutely beautiful!!!
Love, Gammy
PS... I believe that is pork-chicken ... right?? BIG SMILE!!
Love, Gammy
Post a Comment