We are 15 weeks pregnant today! Our baby is about the size of an apple! Hard to believe how quickly life can grow and develop in only a matter of 3 1/2 months.
Heres a belly picture at 15 weeks. I've gained exactly 2 pounds at this point. I'm so thankful to still be exercising. I'm hoping exercise will help keep my weight under control and also that it will help keep lungs strong. I don't want to have a repeat with my last pregnancy and end up in the ER with asthma in my 3rd trimester. Working out has also been a great mental relief for me as it helps with the stresses of deployment and raising a toddler alone over these months. I'm still in my regular clothes for now, though I don't see that lasting for too much longer. I think I'm beginning to stretch them out! I just dread the thought of the next 6 months in maternity clothes. :( I'll have to find a few cute new pieces to keep it exciting!
I did my first "parent of two" activity yesterday - put our double jogger together! We were so fortunate to have Jason's grandpa volunteer to purchase this for our children and it's such a blessing. The only large purchases we need this time around are the double jogger and a dresser for the new baby, so it's such a treat to already be able to mark one of those off the list! I know if we find out it's a girl we will have to pick out a few special girly colored items and some clothes, but other than the little things big brother Gavin will pass all his items down to his little sibling!
I did my first "parent of two" activity yesterday - put our double jogger together! We were so fortunate to have Jason's grandpa volunteer to purchase this for our children and it's such a blessing. The only large purchases we need this time around are the double jogger and a dresser for the new baby, so it's such a treat to already be able to mark one of those off the list! I know if we find out it's a girl we will have to pick out a few special girly colored items and some clothes, but other than the little things big brother Gavin will pass all his items down to his little sibling! We also did a big closet clean out in Gavin's room yesterday. I hung up all his clothes for this coming winter, got rid of summer clothes he's grown out of or stained, and started a pile of stuff that will be reused for the new baby. I'm so thankful that we chose green as the color for many of Gavin's baby accessories (changing pad cover, basket liners, etc.) so that no matter what gender this baby is we can find a way to reuse it all! I've also started boxing up all the things that we had embroidered of Gavin's when he was little and my mom is going to make us a quilt out of it all. I'm so excited about this, as I didn't want to get rid of all his little personalized burp cloths, outfits, Boppy cover, etc., but I didn't want to store it all either. A quilt will be just perfect. :) I'm going to send her a few of his little baby blankets and favorite baby outfits to include in the quilt as well. (Thanks mom!) Is it possible for nesting to start this early? I sure felt like I was in nesting-heaven yesterday! Here are a few more pics of the new stroller...


The back of the jogger... love all the storage behind and under the seats.

Testing out the new stroller... we went for a 4 mile walk/run last night and loved it. Gavin enjoyed his new stroller! (Especially that the other side was perfect for holding all his baseball equipment so we could go to the playground and play catch after my run!) Can't wait for the babys arrival, but trying not to wish away this pregnancy either...
No comments:
Post a Comment