Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday



My super sweet husband pampered me Friday! I finally was able to get a hair appointment so Jason and Gavin stayed busy while I was pampered at the salon. I made for such a nice morning getting to catch up on magazine reading, relaxing, and leaving feeling refreshed with a new do! It's nothing too fancy, just got highlights and a trim. I went darker for the winter, so its nice having some lighter pieces here and there now! When I got out of the salon I called Jason and they were at the grocery store so I met them there. I walked in and quickly spotted them, but they didn't see me. It was so sweet watching them together. Jason could barely pay attention to the grocery shopping because he was so engrossed in playing with Gavin in the shopping cart and making him laugh. I just stood there and watched for a minute. It makes my heart smile to see them share moments like that. I enjoy these 4 day weekends soooooo much because they are able to catch up on some much needed time together. When I got out of my daze of watching them together, I walked up to them. Jason told me I couldn't look in the cart, as he shopped to make a special dinner for me that night. He is so thoughtful. He made Spinach-Walnut stuffed chicken with a side of squash and zucchini. I loved it. He took the time to go to the magazine section and pick up a "Healthy Cooking" magazine to make a meal that would be fancy, yet still fit in with my healthy eating plan. He could have made just anything, but the fact that he really took the time to plan out something so special like that is one reason I love him so much. He's so thoughtful and has such a good heart. I'm thankful our son has such an amazing father and male role model in his life.

No comments: