Friday, January 21, 2011
Admitted :)
We are officially admitted to labor and delivery. I'm currently 4cm dilated and 70% effaced. I just finished my first 45 minutes of walking and am now on the monitors for 30 minutes. I'm not totally in "active labor" yet, but since my doctor isn't on call this weekend I had to be admitted before the office closed to be able to have her deliver me. I was given my first dose of antibiotics through IV since I was positive for group b strep. They need the meds to be in my system for 4 hours to take optimum effect before I deliver. The first dose was given at 4:15 so my doc is going to go home and be back at 8:15 (unless we need her before) to see how much progress has been made. All the nurses are great, and have had a good laugh about how I speed walk down the halls. I guess they aren't used to seeing that! Well, that's all for now. Keep praying for us! Can't wait to see Little Buddy and introduce him to Stella once she arrives. I already miss him!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
:) yay!
so excited for yall!!!
Yeah!!!! So exciting!! Cant wait to hear and see more! Goodluck again, not like you need it Im sure you will do great!
So very excited for you!!! Sending lots of prayers your way. Can't wait for more updates.
How exciting!!! Good luck and I hope and pray for a wonderfully quick and smooth delivery :) Cannot wait to see pictures of your beautiful new addition!!!
Woohoooo!!!! Hold on till after midnnght and then we'll have kiddos with the same birthday :)! But aside from being silly- have an awesome delivery Kara, you can do it!!!!
Good luck with everything! I cried when I had to say bye to Sierra for the last time!
Post a Comment