Thursday, January 20, 2011
A Long Night
Last night I woke up around 1:50am having pretty strong contractions. After an hour of them not going away I started timing them and they were between 6-10 minutes apart. They lasted until 4am but then went away. If you'd have asked me at 3am, I would have sworn that I was in real labor and would have been heading to Labor and Delivery this morning. Stella sure is being tricky! I'm thankful that the contractions are bringing on progress at least. I am having more contractions this morning, though they are still irregular. My doctor and midwife are not on call this weekend, so I'm praying that real labor begins in the next 24 hours or so! There may be a nap in my future today to catch up on my lost sleep from last night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
had to stop by and check! last night was the full moon Kara, someone is having a baby :-) Glad you got a mani and pedi in, I missed mine, and I was bummed. We are praying for you girls, hope everything goes perfect! I was GBS positive this pregnancy too, when they gave me the IV antibiotics they fed it in with the lactated ringer to dilute it and I didn't feel it at all. Some other girls that had their babies around the same time as me said they got straight antibiotics and it stung pretty bad. Thought I would mention it just incase, hoping you are as comfortable as possible! Come on Stella!
Woo hoo!! We are so excited for you - what a beautiful time of your life!
Sierra was the same way! Having my membranes stripped with her brought on terrible contractions for 2 days straight before I was actually admitted! Like Briita said, the antibiotic does burn really bad going in without it being diluted! My results didn't come back in time so they had to treat me.
How excitng, any moment now :)
Post a Comment